Sunday, December 15, 2013

Blue Lake Swim 1

Today's Training:
1:50/36 miles on Ruby
:50 swim

First Blue Lake swim of the training schedule done! Before I explain that swim I need to back to yesterday's private instruction. What an eye opener! I have developed some bad swim habits that I need to correct immediately. Malina (instructor) had me do several drills to help fix some if my stroke issues. 90 minutes of drills yesterday was a tough workout! Today I incorporated some of the drills I learned yesterday so I did a mix of drills and distance swimming. I had to dodge a few scuba divers towards the end of the swim but that is just part of the Blue Lake experience! After my swim today my arms and shoulders are TIRED!

Mondays are going to be my new day off. That's not setting well with me--I'm used to getting a good workout before school, and taking Saturday off, but I now need Saturdays for long run and Sundays for long bike and swim. I just have to go with the new training schedule, change is tough but necessary! Plus it will be good to have one day a week to stay completely out of my workout room. 

The rest of the day is mine! Baking cookies and writing out Christmas cards!
 Yep, that's snow!  It was AWESOME!

2 comments: