Saturday, January 18, 2014

Saturday + Triathlon = Fun!!!

Syd and I had an absolute blast today! She did so well at all three events! First was the swim. We picked lanes right next to each other. There were volunteers to count our laps. We swam for a timed 15 minutes-I got 27 laps and Syd got 26--she did great! Then we had 10 mins to change and jump on the spin bikes. We rode for 25 minutes, the bike had odometers. I rode 11.3 miles and Syd got 10.2--again, excellent for her!
Next we had 5 minutes to walk to the Olympic Oval. We had a 20 min run to get in as many laps as possible. We ran together so we would finish together. I think we got 7.5. It was a great day! I am so thankful my kids like to do things with me!  In fact, Livvy started my day out perfectly this morning. Before Syd and I left Livvy was making toast. Out of the blue she turned to me and said "Mom, did you know that my happiest memories are with you?" That was one of the sweetest things I've ever been told!

Well, tomorrow I have a tough session in the bike-3.5 hours! Whewwww! Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment